Friday, December 24, 2010

50 Wawas in 30 Days - The Finale

This Christmas finds me giving myself a gift. The gift of completing my 50 Wawas in 30 Days Challenge! I tried this challenge over the summer but gave up and let it fail. Going into Thanksgiving I decided I wanted to give it another go. So I set the new challenge and off I went on Take 2: The Quest Not to Fail.

30 days, hundreds of miles, countless time, & lots of Wawa food later - here I am. 50 different Wawas hit.

I really wish I had a heroic story to tell for my last venture out to Wawa Stores #41 & #1. However I don't. I could tell you that:

  • The Wawa caught on fire while I was in the store and I had to heroically go save someone's kitten who was stuck in the store while it burned. And really...how do you put a receipt on that?
  • I was in a car accident on my way to the Wawa and broke my leg & 3 ribs but kept going on and bought my last item to complete the challenge.
But none of it happened.

I went after work to the two Wawas without any fanfare, without any hoopla. That's right - I said hoopla.

I do want to thank everyone who has followed the journey and has been right with me as I spent the last month venturing to 50 different Wawas. I will likely keep track of all the new Wawas I go to over time and continue the journey on a more passive basis by trying to hit more and more Wawas. There are a lot more I have hit over the years - but obviously I have no way of proving that and I also would not remember which specific ones I had hit in New Jersey and some others.

So here it is...the last 2 Wawas hit on the challenge:

#49. Wawa Store #41 - Thursday, December 23 - 2:10pm
213 Morton Avenue
Folsom, PA 19033
Item Purchased: 12oz hot chocolate

Wawa Store #41 - Folsom, PA


#50. Wawa Store #1 - Thursday, December 23 - 2:23pm
1212 McDade Blvd.
Folsom, PA 19033
Items Purchased: 2 gift cards
For the purpose of Christmas surprises, I will be blacking-out the gift cards & amounts until after Christmas.

Wawa Store #1 - Folsom, PA

Wawa Store #1 - Folsom, PA


I will continue to post a few wrap-up posts including the spreadsheet I have kept chronicling all 50 Wawas hit, money spent, and locations of all. I again thank everyone who has followed over the last 30 days. It is much appreciated! Merry Christmas & I hope everyone has a safe & happy holiday!

Day: 30
Wawas Hit: 50
Days Left: 0
Wawas Left: 0

-Ford

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bryan,

    I work with Wawa on their Facebook page and Marketing efforts - I emailed you last week trying to get in touch with you and congratulate you! Please email me at kristenecameron@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete