Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Home Stretch

"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other." - Walter Elliot
I am almost there. After 29 days of hitting Wawas I will reach my goal tomorrow of hitting 50 Wawas in the 30 Days. It has been a long journey. It has been a lot of planning each "short trip". It has been glorious. It has been a lot of Wawa.

Today Sarah & I went to visit my sister and brother-in-law, Kim & Andy, as well as their dog William. When I called Kim yesterday to confirm they were still good to hang out, I got called out.

"So...you have some Wawas to hit?"

"No...well, yes...but we haven't hung out in awhile."

Busted.

So anyways - on my way there I hit the Wawa right near them in Chester Springs. The roads around there are extremely confusing and do not do the things that normal roads do. I can't explain it - you just have to drive them yourself - but Rt-100 just does it's own thing and splits off in weird ways, you can't turn at certain points into places such as Wawa you think you should be able to. Just odd. But I fought through.

#46. Wawa Store #201 - Wednesday, December 22 - 7:00pm
1800 Ticonderoga Blvd.
Chester Springs, PA 19425
Items Purchased: Chicken caesar salad, 10in turkey hoagie, 20oz Coke

Wawa Store #201 - Chester Springs, PA

So we did our hanging out thing, including watching the first episode of 24/7 which is chronicling everything this month leading up to the Penguins vs. Capitals Winter Classic on Jan. 1. It was great.

We also talked out which Wawas I should hit on my way home. I had planned to hit Wawa Store #85 on Rt-100 along with Wawa Store #203 on Boot Road in West Chester. I was talked out of #203 because apparently there isn't a good way to get back onto Rt-100/202-S. There was a Wawa I missed on the map in Lionville on Rt-113, so I went to hit that one instead.

#47. Wawa Store #8033 - Wednesday, December 22 - 9:52pm
120 Eagleview Road
Lionville, PA 19341
Item Purchased: 20oz lemon lime Gatorade

Wawa Store #8033 - Lionville, PA

#48. Wawa Store #85 - Wednesday, December 22 - 10:02pm
750 North Pottstown Pike
Lionville, PA 19341
Item Purchased: $25 Wawa Giftcard
Another Christmas present bought!


Wawa Store #85 - Lionville, PA




And there you have it. 48 down. 2 to go.

I will be hitting Wawa Store #41 & Wawa Store #1 - both in Folsom, PA - after work tomorrow. As was planned, Wawa Store #1 will be my final stop on this journey and will be hit on the 30th day of the challenge. I thank everyone who has followed throughout and you will see the finale tomorrow!

Day: 29
Wawas Hit: 48
Days Left: 1
Wawas Left: 2

-Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment