Friday, December 3, 2010

Morning Adventure

As I talked about in my last post, Wawa Mini-Fails, I went for a little adventure this morning to again keep pace with the challenge and to get my Wawa breakfast morning-ritual items. For those who haven't followed the blog too closely those items are: the Philadelphia Inquirer, a 20oz hazelnut coffee, & a sausage, egg, and cheese on a bagel.

So I had it all planned out - I would hit 3 different Wawas for those 3 different items. I did the quick research on www.wawa.com for the locations and made quick-written directions for myself. I would hit Wawas #811, 801, & 854.

So I started on my morning adventure, venturing out Darley Road, Chestnut Road, and then down Marsh Road. The next turn was Wilson Road in which the first Wawa would be on. Totally missed the turn. Keep in mind, I have a GPS in my car - thanks to my roommate Steve - but failed to use it. I have a feeling it could have helped.

Anyways - I recognized some of the roads from my directions leading to the other Wawas, righted myself, and got to Wawa #811 without too much trouble. However, on my way into the store I was struck by the other door. I walked in one door, a Wawa employee was walking in the other door and struck me with it. I'm sorry - was I moving too slow for you? Thanks dude. Anyways, I got my coffee and a quick picture of the store and moved onto the next Wawa after the abuse I took.


#12. Wawa Store #811 - Friday, December 3 - 10:34am
400 A Wilson Road
Brandywine, DE 19803
Item Purchased: 20oz hazelnut coffee

I then went to Wawa #801 without any trouble getting there, bought my Philadelphia Inquirer, and continued on. The picture below is from the last challenge during hoagie-fest. It is "hippie-fied" if you will.



#13. Wawa Store #801 - Friday, December 3 - 10:49am
Philadelphia Pike & Parkway Ave
Wilmington, DE 19809
Item Purchased: Philadelphia Inquirer

Next up was Wawa #854. This would have been the Wawa I hit in yesterday's update if I didn't mess up my "needing gas" schedule. So I hit it today, purchased my sausage, egg, & cheese and went on my way. This Wawa is one of my usual Wawas. I like it because it is a super-Wawa with gas and also has 2 entrances. I just realized that I have a lot of different "usual" Wawas. Oh well, I guess that comes with the territory when you blog about a store.

#14. Wawa Store #854 - Friday, December 3 - 10:57am
2621 Philadelphia Pike
Claymont, DE 19703
Item Purchased: Sausage, egg, & cheese on a bagel


I will soon do an overall update blog - highlighting the amount of money spent, items purchased, & any other anecdotes I may have. I will also include a map of the Wawas I have hit thus far.

Day: 10
Wawas Hit: 14
Days Left: 20
Wawas Left: 36

-Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment