Friday, December 3, 2010

Wawa Mini-Fails

This challenge would not be a true challenge without a couple of mini-fails along the way. Over the last 2 days (12/1 & 12/2) I attempted to keep pace with my challenge. I would have been in decent shape, but had some setbacks along the way.

So Wednesday, Dec. 1st was a normal day. I left in plenty of time to get to work so that I could forgo I-95 for a little bit and drive up to Linwood, PA to get my breakfast on my way to work. It was pouring & windy out so I got in, got my breakfast sandwich and coffee, and got out. I didn't get to take a picture, so the picture below is from the original challenge.

This is what I wrote about this Wawa in my last blog -
"I didn't have high hopes for it being a decent Wawa because of the area. However, once I walked in...pretty impressed. Nothing extraordinary, but the layout of the Wawa was very well done and there was a lot of space between aisles and around the coffee station and touchscreens.
And it is #7 on Wawas list of stores. With the numbering system, it jumps to #3 as there is only #1 & #6 ahead of it. If I am correct in my assumption of how the numbering for their stores works (based on conversations with some other people) it is the 3rd oldest store still in existence for Wawa. I will post within the next few days about some theories on the numbering system."


Picture from the last challenge of Wawa #7 in Linwood, PA


#10. Wawa Store #7 - Wednesday, December 1 - 11:20am
1439 Market Street
Linwood, PA 08360
Items Purchased: Sausage, egg, & cheese on a bagel, and 20oz hazelnut coffee

Onto Thursday, Dec. 2nd and a couple of mini-fails. So I woke up early as I had to be into work for a 10:00am meeting (that is early for me - I work nights and weekends). I was out of my house in plenty of time to go out of my way a little bit to hit the Wawa on Columbus Blvd. in South Philadelphia which I have been to plenty of times over the years. So I go in, get my coffee and head back to my car. I continue on my way to work and about the time I hit the Vine Street Expressway....no receipt. No picture. I have no way of proving to everyone that I hit this Wawa. So in the spirit of the challenge, I cannot count this Wawa and will move on and hit it again at another point to make it count.

During work I hit one of my normal Wawas - the one on 36th & Chestnut Street - as it is the closet one to where I work. I got my dinner and also got it for a co-worker  and went back to work. Nothing special here, it is your typical Wawa.

#11. Wawa Store #55 - Thursday, December 2 - 5:51pm
3604 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Items Purchased: Hot turkey bowl, 32oz lemon lime gatorade (w/ 50 cents off coupon), pretzel M&Ms, & an Italian classic hoagie.


Onto mini-fail #2. I got into my car when leaving work and the gas light popped on. I needed gas before I left to come back to Delaware. I had thought I planned it out that I could get home last night from work without getting gas and would get it this morning on a little morning-adventure for Wawas. Now I need to adjust my morning and try to hit a few for my breakfast.

I am now going to hit those Wawas as I plan to hit 3 Wawas to get 3 different items.

Day: 9 (yesterday)
Wawas Hit: 11
Days Left: 21
Wawas Left: 39

-Ford

1 comment:

  1. I wish that one day I could be that lucky co-worker to get dinner from the Bryan Ford

    ReplyDelete