Wednesday, December 15, 2010

32 down. 18 to go. 9 days left.

2 more Wawas were hit on Monday. I started the day out by leaving early for work and hitting a Philly Wawa I haven't been to in awhile and then a super-Wawa in Aston, PA on my way home.

I parked in China Town about a block and 1/2 away from the 11th & Arch St. Wawa which is right in the heart of China Town in Philadelphia as well as right by the Reading Terminal Market. I'm sure this Wawa is hit frequently in the AM as the morning rush comes into Philly & the workforce goes out at lunch for a quick Wawa treat. It was fairly big for a city Wawa and I was pretty impressed by it. It had one of the new lottery machines as well which have been in most of the recent Wawas I hit. I will blog about that later.

A unique looking Wawa as most city-dwelling Wawas are.
#31. Wawa Store #171 - Monday, December 13, 2010 - 9:38am
11th & Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Items Purchased: 20oz hazelnut coffee, 1 banana, low fat peach yogurt

On my way home, I had wanted to hit another Wawa to keep a good pace but forgot to look up which one to go to. I knew there was one in Aston, PA not too far off the beaten path from my way home but wouldn't remember it by heart. So I called the girlfriend, Sarah, to get some quick directions. She gave me the "take the 322 exit and turn right on 452" directions and I was on my way.

I thought these directions simpler than I remember so I was a bit skeptical. Sorry Sarah. But once I made my turn onto 452 I saw this:

A Wawa Truck
The picture does not do it justice (although it did turn out really cool). It was a Wawa truck! Bingo. I was heading in the right direction. So I hit the Aston, PA Wawa (which I had hit on my previous challenge). I got gas - and froze while doing so. It was so cold outside. Oh well. Wawa #32 on the challenge hit.

Aston, PA Wawa - Store #8027

#32. Wawa Store #8027 - Monday, December 13, 2010 - 7:53pm
5008 Pennell Rd.
Aston, PA 19014
Item Purchased: gas

Time to pick up the slack - only 9 days left in the challenge! I need a 2-a-day pace to get it. And remember - Wawa Store #1 will be the final Wawa hit of the 50.


Day: 21
Wawas Hit: 32
Days Left: 9
Wawas Left: 18

-Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment