Monday, December 20, 2010

The Last Few Days - From Philly to Hockessin

Over the last few days, I have made great efforts to keep plugging along in hopes of making the last days of the challenge easier on myself. I think I am in pretty good shape right now. It is getting a lot harder to plan out where I am going and which Wawas to hit. I've been fortunate where I've had some time and some options to hit Wawas that I usually wouldn't but have been in and around the area.

The Wawas below are from the last 3 days ranging from Philadelphia, PA to Avondale, PA, to Hockessin, DE - or Hochessin as the receipt says.

#35. Wawa Store #269 - Friday, December 17 - 4:50pm
36 Baltimore Pike
Glen Mills, PA 19342
Item Purchased: Lemon lime gatorade

Wawa Store #269 - Glen Mills, PA

#36. Wawa Store #198 - Friday, December 17 - 5:43pm
970 Baltimore Pike
Glen Mills, PA 19342
Item Purchased: Gas

Wawa Store #198 - Glen Mills, PA

So you'll notice a big time difference in 2 Wawas that are very close to each other. The reason for this is simple. I got distracted. By more Wawa. When going to these Wawas, I missed hitting one of them because I was not in the far right lane and could not get over in time in the heavy traffic to stop in. I had to go past and circle around. This was a blessing in disguise. Much to my surprise I see a Wawa sign on the right. However - there is no convenience store, no parking lot, nothing. The sign reads: Wawa Corporate Offices. I forgot that I was going to be right by their headquarters. So I went up the drive, did a quick tour of the facility also known as Red Roof and then headed on my way. I couldn't get great pictures because it was dark out. I will be revisiting though as there is quite a history behind Wawa. So I kept going after the corporate offices & found the dairy farm nearby as well. Jackpot. I will be revisiting this soon, take pictures in the daylight, and have a quick history on Wawa. For now, here is the Red Roof as a preview:

Wawa Corporate - Red Roof

Onto Saturday. Sarah & I planned to go to the Brandywine River Museum in the late morning, early afternoon and then get some Christmas shopping done afterwards. We were planning on meeting at 11am and by the time I woke up I was planning on hitting 1 or 2 Wawas in the nearby area. She called me and told me she'd be late - lets plan on meeting at noon. Plans adjusted. I did some quick research, got directions, and now planned on hitting 4 Wawas. Instead of what should be about a 20-25 minute ride up to the Museum, it turned into about an hour and 45 minute adventure.

#37. Wawa Store #842 - Saturday, December 18 - 10:56am
Millcreek Shopping Center Rt. 41
605 Yorklyn Road
Hockessin, DE 19707
Item Purchased: 20oz hazelnut coffee
Receipt says Hochessin, DE

Wawa Store #842 - Hockessin, DE

#38. Wawa Store #160 - Saturday, December 18 - 11:17am
761 Gap Newport Pike
Avondale, PA 19311
Item Purchased: Sausage, egg, & cheese shorti

Wawa Store #160 - Avondale, PA

#39. Wawa Store #34 - Saturday, December 18 - 11:32am
Cypress & Washington Streets
505 West Cypress Street
Kennett Square, PA 19343
Item Purchased: 1/2 liter of water

Wawa Store #34 - Kennett Square, PA

#40. Wawa Store #8015 - Saturday, December 18 - 11:44am
901 E. Baltimore Pike
E. Marlborough, PA 19348
Item Purchased: Hazelnut coffee grounds

Wawa Store #8015 - E. Marlborough, PA

Sunday brought about a Wawa near my church in Upper Darby between church & work. Then finishing out the Philadelphia Wawas minus the ones in the Northeast after work.

#41. Wawa Store #11 - Sunday, December 19 - 10:08am
460 S. 69th Street
Upper Darby, PA 19082
Items Purchased: 20oz hazelnut coffee, egg and cheese shorti

Wawa Store #11 - Upper Darby, PA

#42. Wawa Store #247 - Sunday, December 19 - 4:04pm
518-520 South 2nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
Item Purchased: 12oz hot chocolate

Wawa Store #247 - Philadelphia, PA

#43. Wawa Store #103 - Sunday, December 19 - 4:20pm
912-916 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Item Purchased: Cheddar cheese stuffed pretzel

Wawa Store #103 - Philadelphia, PA

There you have it. Receipts will come in a later post. We're coming down to the wire on the challenge and I am gearing up to hit Wawa Store #1 as number 50. Follow through the last week as I hit my last 7 Wawas.

Day: 26
Wawas Hit: 43
Days Left: 4
Wawas Left: 7

-Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment