Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Catching Up: Part 3 - Wawa Sunday Fun Day (cont.)

The last post took a look at Wawas #1 - #5 on Wawa Sunday Fun Day. Some may refer to it as Father's Day (don't worry...so did I as well, I just took a 3-hour Wawa-joy-ride in between seeing my father at church and then back at the house).

The journey continues through my hometown Wawas...

#20. Wawa Store #291 - June 20th, 2010 - 11:13am
151 Sugartown & Morris Roads
Strafford, PA 19087
Items Purchased: Mozzarella String Cheese


This Wawa is right off of Lancaster Avenue and I actually don't think I knew about it in high school and had to be told it was there. It's literally a stones-throw from Lancaster Avenue but it's a bit hidden. Also not one of the best Wawas, but it does its job like all the rest. Could do better for a Main Line Wawa though.

#21. Wawa Store #57 - June 20th, 2010 - 11:27am
52 Lancaster Ave-Rt 30
Paoli, PA 19301
Items Purchased: Two 0.5oz Reese cups


Here it is folks. My hometown, likely most-frequented Wawa. I really splurged at this one because I wanted to give back to my hometown. That's right...two 20 cent Reese cups. I'm actually a little disappointed in myself for not doing something a little more at this one. What that would be, I have no idea. Streamers? Balloons? I kid. But seriously - I wish it was more eventful that two Reese cups.

I think a bit of fatigue started to settle in at these Wawas as well as a routine. I just got into the habit of - park, get a picture, get in, get a receipt, get out, get on my way. Onto my other hometown Wawa.

#22. Wawa Store #205 - June 20th, 2010 - 11:39am
5 Matthews Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Items Purchased: Gas


I hadn't hit many Super Wawas and this was the first of the day so I figured I'd fill up a half-tank of gas. This one started to take over as my usual Wawa for awhile as it is a lot bigger and nicer than Paoli's Wawa. It was also usually very convienent for me during college when my parents still lived in Paoli or I would go visit friends from high school. I could back-track a bit to this Wawa, get gas if needed, get a snack for the mini-trip back into the city, and hit Rt-202 which you can pick up right there. This Wawa is also very frequented by the police. They are almost always there, especially late at night.

Now time for a Wawa basically in walking distance of the one I just hit. It is very hidden and does not look like any of the other Wawas.

#23. Wawa Store #238 - June 20th, 2010 - 11:47am
10 Liberty Boulevard
Malvern, PA 19355
Items Purchased: Wawa 0.5 liter water


This Wawa is in a corporate area with many offices. There is this little section with a few small stores and Wawa is obviously one of them. Very unique in setting and not very populated. I'm sure they do a great business in the morning around 8:45am and at lunch rush. But I can't imagine other than that they do much of a business, especially with the Super Wawa right down Rt-29 from them with only Swedesford Road & another gas station in between them. Also, while I was there, there were 4 open parking spots next to me as I parked on an end space. This dude in a huge truck backs into the spot next to me as I'm in line paying. I watch him as I don't feel confident in his ability to not hit my car. He successfully parks as I'm walking out. I give him that "really dude?" stare, except he doesn't look over. I pull out of my spot and while I'm at the stop sign, he pulls out too. Pointless.

On my way to Wawa #10 of the day.

I wasn't sure if I was going to hit the one in Frazer, PA as I was really starting to get tired of getting in and out of my car and I'd been going for about 2+ hours at this point. I got on Rt-202 and made a last-second call on if I'd hit Frazer or not. There is an off ramp on Rt-202 that you can either stay right and get on the 30-Bypass or stay left and go on Business Rt-30. Taking Business Rt-30 (Lancaster Ave) would get me to the Frazer, PA Wawa. I went left.

#24. Wawa Store #208 - June 20th, 2010 - 11:59am
567 Lancaster Ave.
Frazer, PA 19355
Items Purchased: Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Pretzel (w/ coupon)



A couple notes here. I just realized Frazer is the same Zip Code as Malvern. I used a coupon for 50 cents off the cheddar cheese stuffed pretzel I got at the Malvern Wawa that I got gas at. There was a parking lot thing that made the guy in front of me wonder why I was taking a picture.

I parked originally to the right of this Wawa, went in, purchased my pretzel and went back to my car. I wanted a decent picture so I drove around the gas pumps to where there are about 3-4 spots facing Lancaster Avenue. A woman was backing out of the pump to the right of the picture and wasn't looking and almost backed right into my car. I honked to let her know I was there and then proceeded to park. The guy in the middle of the picture with the red van was looking at me, saw me take out my camera and take a picture. I'm sure he was thinking I was trying to get an insurance claim or something. False. Just blogging my Wawa adventure, no need to worry big guy.

Now another decent gap in Wawas as I went on the 30-Bypass to my parents and didn't hit one until Parkesburg, PA right at the end of the 30-Bypass.

#25. Wawa Store #263 - June 20th, 2010 - 12:29pm
3711 West Lincoln Highway
Parkesburg, PA 19365
Items Purchased: French Vanilla Creamer



First off, this Wawa was PACKED. I don't know if people were heading out to the outlets in Lancaster, PA or what but there was a lot of people at this Wawa. I definitely like this Wawa though - a lot like the one in Malvern, PA and is in a very good location. This is the one Wawa of the day I had to wait in a decent line for. Then on my receipt, I saw the cashier had rung up a roast beef & cheese shorti for some reason and then took it off, then rung up the french vanilla creamer I bought at my parent's request.

Then I was done. 2.5 hours. 11 Wawas. 1 tired Bryan.

After spending the day at my parents for Father's Day and watching the U.S. Open it was time to go home around 9:30pm. I passed some Wawas on my way home that I haven't hit yet but had called it a day by that point.

Receipts:

   

Next Post: Wawa #26 in Essington, PA - the nicest Wawa I've been to thus far.

1 comment: