Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wawa Map Fail

So when I post later on the 2 Wawas I hit today, you might be wondering why Prospect Park, PA is one of them. I've hit some of the ones around home in DE, hit some in Philly around work, and some while driving out and back to the Downingtown & West Chester, PA area.

This morning I decided to try to hit a double. According to this map on Wawa's website, there are 2 right next to each other, conceivably across the street from one another. I had to try it.


Disappointment quickly hit while driving. I didn't bring a map or directions of the above, which was obviously my fault, and I drove from memory. I came down Rt. 420 from I-95 and proceeded to turn right on Rt. 13 (which as you can tell was incorrect anyways). I drove down a bit, then turned around and came back to Rt. 420, turning north. Bingo. Wawa.

However, according to the map above, there shouldn't be one. The Wawa I hit was closer to where the green arrow is. Hmm....

So from memory, I drove back towards Rt. 13 and turned the opposite way on Rt. 13 (where the above map shows 2 Wawa's). I drove down only a couple of blocks but did not see a Wawa, turned around and went back to I-95 and on my way.

The lesson of the day: Get directions & maps. I should have gotten the addresses and plugged them into Google Maps to get directions and a better feel for where these Wawa's are. Oh well.

Other lesson of the day: Do my homework. I was so close to Store #1. Yes, the first ever Wawa. In the upper left hand corner of the above map is the first ever Wawa, located in Folsum, PA.

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
I want to open this up to the 2 people who read this. Should I hit Wawa Store #1 soon, or should I save it and make it #50 of 50 Wawas in 30 Days?

-Bryan

4 comments:

  1. Hit it now. And get a GPS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first...make it #50. Second...#374 is a must, my wawa that employed me. You have to. And if you say you know me you might get something free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #50, no ifs, ands, or buts. Save it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't go out of your way to hit it before #50, but if you drive by it, stop

    ReplyDelete