Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wawas of Today - #10 and #11

Today's Wawas are a bit scattered over the map. As you saw in my last post, this morning was a mini-adventure in trying to find two supposed Wawas that the official Wawa map had as being right next to each other in Prospect Park, PA. This was obviously not the case.

The Wawa in Prospect Park on Lincoln Avenue was your typical Wawa, except for the outside. It had a nice red roof to go along with the mini-stretch of 1 or 2 other shops in the parking lot. Nothing too exciting about the inside of it. Here is the picture of the Prospect Park Wawa and the accompanying receipt:

10. Wawa Store #235 - June 16, 2010
917 Lincoln Ave
Prospect Park, PA 19076
Items Purchased: 16oz hazelnut coffee

 

I wanted to hit another Wawa on my way home from work to keep up a good pace for the 50 in 30 as I don't want to fall behind early. I found one not too far out of my way in Linwood, PA off of I-95. I didn't have high hopes for it being a decent Wawa because of the area. However, once I walked in...pretty impressed. Nothing extraordinary, but the layout of the Wawa was very well done and there was a lot of space between aisles and around the coffee station and touchscreens.

And it is #7 on Wawas list of stores. With the numbering system, it jumps to #3 as there is only #1 & #6 ahead of it. If I am correct in my assumption of how the numbering for their stores works (based on conversations with some other people) it is the 3rd oldest store still in existence for Wawa. I will post within the next few days about some theories on the numbering system.

11. Wawa Store #7 - June 16, 2010
1439 Market Street
Linwood, PA 08360
Items Purchased: Italian shorti

Note: the reason there is a coverup on the receipt is due to a credit card purchase and that info obviously does not need to be posted.

4 days down. 11 Wawas down.
46 days to go. 39 Wawas to go.

-Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment