Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Catching Up: Part 1

I haven't posted in almost a week now but definitely not due to a lack of going to Wawas. I didn't have much time to blog due to being at Wawa so much as well as Father's Day this past Sunday and then getting a flat tire last night, which hindered my plans to hit a Wawa or 2 after work.

I had a huge day of Wawa in the morning of Father's Day, but before I hit that, I had 1 each day on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday. I apologize as I did not take pictures at 1 of them, but I have the receipt to prove me being there. I will try to get pictures at each of them if I have time to go back to them.

Also - a few people have requested me to take the "Facebook-style" picture of the Wawas with me in them. I will start doing that if it doesn't look creepy for me to do.

Before my big day on Sunday, the 3 Wawas I hit were:

12. Wawa Store #30 - June 17th, 2010
Chichester and Maltesta Ave.
Boothwyn, PA 19063
Items Purchased: Chicken Caesar Salad, Chicken Cheese Steak


I don't remember much about this Wawa and I only have a cell phone picture from it. I do remember that I actually wanted to attempt at being somewhat healthy and buy a salad there. The chicken cheese steak was for the roommate.

13. Wawa Store #86 - June 18th, 2010
1707 Arch St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Items Purchased: 16oz hazelnut coffee

This was "my Wawa" when I lived in Center City Philadelphia for 2.5 years. I went right after the height of the morning rush in Center City, but it was still pretty busy. Regardless, was good to get back to that one. I didn't take a picture at this one either because I was trying to navigate the other morning-rushers. I will likely get back to this one though to take a picture.

14. Wawa Store #801 - June 19th, 2010
Philadelphia Pike & Parkway Ave.
Wilmington, DE 19809
Items Purchased: 16oz hazelnut coffee, egg & cheese junior sandwich, Philadelphia Inquirer

This one is an interesting tale. I woke up and drove down Philadelphia Pike, knowing that there was another a couple miles down from my new current Wawa in Claymont, DE. I apparently looked more for the big sign for Wawa than looking for the actual store because I drove well past it. I realized this once I got into the heart of downtown Wilmington and knew I had gone way too far. But by now it was too late. I was stuck for the time being. I tried to maneuver my way out of the city but any road I turned on resulted in a dead-end, ended up putting me on a one-way the wrong way, or just didn't get me in the right direction. I even ended up driving through the Brandywine Zoo. A nice little unexpected tour of a city I didn't want a tour of. I'd throw a map up of the round-about route I took, but I have no idea which roads I was on.

I finally found my way out after navigating through the Zoo and got my bearings straight. Found the Wawa, and got what I needed to. Almost.

Problem is, apparently all sausage has been recalled at all Wawas. I really wanted a sausage, egg, and cheese on a bagel but that doesn't work when sausage has been recalled. Sigh. And oh yeah, I guess Hoagie Man visited this Wawa because it was Hippie-fied and, well, just look...


There was also a banner the left of this picture towards the counter. And the sign that is under the window and above the couch said something about Hippies entering through the back door; or something to that extent. It was odd. It was a bad attempt at the Hoagie Fest thing. Oh well, made for something interesting though and out of the ordinary. 

UPDATE (6/23 - 9:03pm): Receipts below for the 3 Wawa visit's above.


Next Up: I'll take a look at the Wawa explosion that was Sunday morning. Spoiler Alert: I hit 11 of them. I'll take a look at the map of my adventure, a list of the random items I bought, a hidden Wawa in Malvern, PA, and tell you why some random guy is staring at me in my picture from the Wawa in Frazer, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment