Wednesday, June 16, 2010

#8 and #9

Nothing too exciting today. I got #8 and #9 out of the way however. There is also some talk about my visit #4 not counting because I didn't buy anything personally. More on that in another post.

8. Wawa Store #809 - June 15, 2010
2300 Carpenter Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
Items Purchased: 16oz hazelnut coffee

 
A fairly small, townie Wawa. But had the new upgrade with the new coffee. It claims to be Wilmington, DE - however it was even more north of my home so I don't see how it is considered Wilmington. Oh well.

9. Wawa Store #25 - June 15, 2010
2 East Rhoads Avenue
West Chester, PA 19380
Items Purchased: .5 liter Wawa water

 
I apologize for the cell phone picture, but I forgot my camera when I went out. Another small, old-school Wawa - this time in West Chester, PA.

First off, get used to seeing the 16oz hazelnut coffee. I love it. You will see it on multiple receipts throughout this journey.

Secondly, I need to know more about the store numbers. I thought for awhile that they corresponded to when the store opened up. For instance, store #1 in Folsom, PA being the first Wawa ever opened. #25, the one I visited in West Chester today being the 25th Wawa opened.

There are some concerns with my theory on this. One being that there are gaps in the numbers - there is no #2, 3, 4, or 5. #6 is in Media, PA. Now this could be because 2, 3, 4, & 5 were closed down at some point. The biggest concern with my numbered store theory is that while searching for Wawas on http://www.wawa.com/ there are some stores in the 8,000's. From my knowledge of all things Wawa, there are approximately 500-600 stores. This immediately negates my numbered store theory.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

-Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment